Chocolate Coconut Brittle Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or 3/4 cup semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tsp xantham gumall-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mellt butter with corn syrup in pan over medium to low heat, mixing constantly with a spoon.
- Stir in sugar, chocolate chips or baking chocolate and salt and bring just to boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in tapioca starch, xantham guy and coconut until completely mixed.
- Oil your fingers or grease a spoon to scoop and dollop, no need to pat down. Drop teaspoons of mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Do not over crowd pan cookies will spread.
- Bake in centre of preheated 350F oven. Bake until top bubbles and small holes develop, 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 3-5 minutes or until hard enough to transfer to rack.
Repeat batches with remaining mixture.
Makes about 30-36 brittle cookies.