Gavin’s Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Unsweetened cocoa
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. LIghtly coat a 9-inch pieplate with
cooking spray, and dust with cocoa (I use a round Pyrex pieplate).
- Melt chopped chocolate and margarine/butter in a heavy saucepan
over low heat, stirring constatnly, 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth:
whisk in 3/4 cup sugar, whisking until blended.
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually whisk
in chocolate mixture, whisking until blended. Pour into prepared
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until edges are dry and
center is set. (Do not overbake.) Cool in pieplate on a wire rack 30
minutes or until completely cool. (Cake will fall slightly when
removed from oven.) Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.